Pievienojies: 27.06.2019, 12:46
Marka: Chevrolet
Gads: 1992
Ātrumkārba: Automāts
Dzinēja tips: Benzīns/gāze
Virsbūves tips: Kabriolets
Tiesības saņemtas: Jūnijs 5, 1992

28.06.2019, 03:37

EDMONTON -- Simeon Rottier spent the CFL off-season working relentlessly on improving his football skills, determined to prove that 2013 is a season best forgotten. The six-foot-six, 295-pound guard became the focal point of much that was wrong with last years Edmonton Eskimos when general manager Ed Hervey publicly chastised him after a Labour Day loss to Calgary, saying it wouldnt bother him if Rottier "didnt play another down this year." The native of Westlock, Alta., was back in the lineup a week later after the CFL Players Association complained Hervey was offside with his comments. When the Eskimos play their second and final pre-season game in Regina Friday, Rottier will again be the starting left guard. "This off-season I worked as hard as I could to come in ready and put last year behind me," Rottier said after the teams walk-through Thursday. "I was just happy to come back here and start a fresh year. Thats the bottom line and thank God for a second chance." Every returning Eskimo is getting another chance this season after the team turned over its entire coaching staff. Former Toronto defensive co-ordinator Chris Jones was hired as head coach and he brought in eight new assistants and handed the responsibility for shoring up the much-maligned offensive line to Johathan Himebauch. Although the coaches and returning players would rather forget last year, Himebauch, a veteran CFL coach has become acutely aware that wont be easy. "I know theres been a lot more attention. This is the most interviews Ive done in my career," he said with a smile. "Ive been here two weeks and done so many interviews my wife keeps laughing and saying, What are you doing out there?" As training camp winds down, Himebauch says he hasnt detected any "residual feelings from last year. "When Chris came in he told all the coaches, dont bring up last year, dont bring up the past of where this team has been because its not important." Rottier said theres a different feeling around the offensive line, which has five newcomers on the depth chart. Theres no obvious worrying about pressure or thinking about last season. "Last year there was a little too much stressing out about the pressure. We were worried about making mistakes, now were just going to cut it loose." Its a huge offensive line. Guard Andrew Jones, a first-year Eskimo, is the shortest at six-foot-three and third-year guard Matt ODonnell the tallest at six-foot-11. Rottier is the only one listed less than 300 pounds. "When I talk to them at practice I make them take a knee because my knee hurts from staring up at these guys," said Himebauch. "They are big human being and when they understand that they can be very powerful, that they can remove people, that they can create a great pocket for the quarterback, when they gain that confidence they can do special things." Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers. Buccaneers Jerseys Authentic China . The Marlies centre set up three goals, including the game-winner, as Toronto cruised to a 4-1 victory over the Oklahoma City Barons in American Hockey League action. http://www.cheapbuccaneersjerseysauthen ... rds-jersey. Bjoergen pulled away from Swedens Charlotte Kalla on the final straight to win in 38 minutes, 33.6 seconds and defend her title from the 2010 Vancouver Games. Kalla was 1.8 seconds back. Heidi Weng of Norway took bronze. Lee Roy Selmon Jersey . Venus Williams advanced to the ASB Classic final in Auckland on a walkover when fellow American Jamie Hampton withdrew from their semifinal Friday with a right hip injury. Wholesale Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . McCutchen was cut before the series opener against Seattle on Monday night, when Lewis was set for his first start for Texas since July 18, 2012. Texas selected Lewis contract from Triple-A Round Rock.The Pittsburgh Penguins have taken control of their series with the New York Rangers, winning Game Four to push the Blueshirts to the brink. Notes on Crosby, Malkin, Nash and more. RANGERS REELING The Pittsburgh Penguins have been having their way with the New York Rangers and it continued in Game Four, with Pittsburgh winning 4-2 to take a 3-1 lead in the series. Through the first four games of this series, the Penguins have controlled play to a surprising degree, considering that the Rangers were a superior possession team during the regular season. In 5-on-5 score close situations against the Rangers, the Penguins are getting 59.5% of the shot attempts against the Rangers. Its hard enough to get the better of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, but if their team is dominating the puck, the hill gets awfully steep in a hurry. In Game Four, Crosby and Malkin, playing together, toyed with the Rangers, controlling better than 78% of the 5-on-5 shot attempts. Crosby contributed a couple of assists and Malkin had a goal and an assist to increase his team-leading playoff point total to 12 points in 10 games. Malkin only had three shots on goal, but had 13 attempts (six missed the net, four blocked). LW Chris Kunitz and defencemen Kris Letang and Paul Martin were also over 70% in terms of shot attempts. With Penguins D Brooks Orpik leaving after only 5:15 of ice time, Martin (30:05 TOI) and Letang (27:56 TOI) both logged heavy minutes. The mirror image, for the Rangers, is that Martin St. Louis, Carl Hagelin (who scored the Rangers first goal) and Brad Richards were getting worked, all on for 25% or less of the shot attempts. The Rangers had LW Chris Kreider in the lineup for the first time since March 24.dddddddddddd. He played 15:24 and was one of two Rangers to at least break even on shot attempts. The other Ranger with better than 50% Corsi in the game was the much-maligned Rick Nash, who led the Rangers with four shots on goal (and six attempts) but, for the eighth straight game, he was held without a point and has been a target for boos from the MSG faithful. Thats not unreasoanble, Nash has one goal in 23 playoff games with the Rangers over the past two seasons, yet over the past two regular seasons, hes scored 47 goals in 109 games -- his 0.43 goals per game in that span ranks 13th, between Joe Pavelski and Marian Hossa. Expectations are higher and the fact that the Rangers are unable to score, managing five goals in four games against Marc-Andre Fleury (not exactly the paragon of playoff goaltending in recent seasons), only serves to highlight Nashs playoff drought. It should go without saying that Nash generating as many shots as he is (a playoff-leading 45, with zero goals!) makes it likely that he will resume scoring soon but, for the Rangers sake, with time running out, it may not be soon enough. Fatigue, and a compacted schedule have been commonly cited reasons for the Rangers poor play in this series. Whatever the excuse might be, they are left without wiggle room now. They need to win three straight against the Penguins or they will have plenty of time to rest very soon. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Atbildēt